20 RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS FOR KIDS
by Brian Burgess, Forefront Families.
1) Hold the door open for those behind you.
2) Say good morning to your teacher, principal, school officials and classmates.
3) Offer to let your classmate go first.
4) Offer to take your neighbor's dog for a walk.
5) Invite someone new over for a play-date.
6) Collect foods and canned goods for a food bank.
7) Volunteer to be a tutor or mentor in a school, especially if there is an area in which
you can help another student.
8) Give someone a compliment at least once every day.
9) Color a picture, make a craft or send a treat to a senior center or nursing home.
10) Look for students at school who are not being included in games and invite them to
11) Write a thank you note to your teacher, your coach, a firefighter, your mentor or
someone who has influenced you in a positive way.
12) Clean up the area around your school or a local park, picking up trash and
putting it in the garbage can. You can also help your teacher clean up the
13) If you ride a bus be extra kind to your bus driver. Say hello when you get on the bus
and say thank you.
14) Call your grandparent(s) or other special family members who you do not see often.
15) Donate your unwanted toys and books to children in need.
16) Write a note to your parent(s) or grandparent(s) and tell them why they are special
17) Help around the house without being asked to do so, such as cleaning your room,
taking out the garbage or helping with the laundry.
18) Going to a new school can be really scary so be friendly to the new students in your
class or grade.
19) Organize the clothes you don't wear anymore and donate them to a clothing drive
20) Smile. Smiling is easy and happiness is contagious!
Source: JESSICA'S INTERNET BLOG.
If you have any further suggestions of expressions of kindness, or comments on this list, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and check out our blogsite at www.forefrontfamilies.blogspot.com and our website at www.forefront families.org